Controller, Charleston, SC
Our client, a successful privately-held company headquartered in Charleston, is seeking a Controller to join their team. This person will report directly to the executive management team. This is a hands-on position! Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of financial statements for the Company, monitoring of the GL system, watching for trends, and maintain and/or develop financial statement models.
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Documentation, implementation, monitoring and enhancement of policies and procedures, as well as internal controls.
- Ensure timely filing of all tax returns in liaison with external CPA firm.
- Drive greater efficiency throughout the accounting function with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience setting up and refining processes and procedures
Excellent benefits; salary is negotiable based on experience. Awesome company culture and opportunity for future advancement.